Friday, October 10, 2008

. . . took a test




Cruising around on various blogs yesterday, I came across this test: http://www.politicalcompass.org/test. I couldn't resist; I took the test. It was interesting and thought provoking. FYI, my political compass puts me in the company of Gandhi and the polar opposite of George W. Bush. Nothing new there.


I tried to go back and find the one question I wanted to reference in this post, but I would have to take the six-page test all over again to get to that question, so I will paraphrase the question. In the test, you are ask to strongly disagree, disagree, agree, or strongly agree with various statements. The one in question went something like this: Nonrepresentational abstract art should not be considered art at all.


Well, of course I strongly disagreed with that statement. But I am wondering how that question relates to one's political beliefs. Did my answer make me a wild-eyed liberal palling around with terrorists? Is GWB's favorite art velvet Elvises or dogs playing poker or Thomas Kincaid?


Speaking of nonrepresentational art, I finished a painting yesterday. I tried to take a picture of it this morning to post, but it was either bad art or a bad photography session. I couldn't in good conscience put it on the blog. I will tell you, however, that the color and composition is similar to the photograph above.

No comments: