Friday, October 24, 2008

. . . daubed and dabbed




Here are some shots of the progress, if that's what you want to call it, on the two woven scrap canvases I've created out of an old dreadful painting. With two surfaces to work on, I decided to go cool and calm with one. . . the one above, with grays and blues and greens, and . . .






kind of hot and spicy with the other, this one with the yellows, reds and greens. The top photo was cropped because there was a horrible glare no matter from what angle I tried to shoot it. So the top one is actually about twice as big as it appears here. The bottom one has a bit of a glare on the right side, too, but you get the idea. No, these are not done. . . again, they may never be done. . . but I have to move them to make room for painting more "regular" paintings. These are fun and a great way to try things out before I commit them to the more marketable work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this approach, and am enjoying seeing the progress. There are a ton of potential discoveries along the way.

Mary Buek said...

You are so right, Martha. . . it's a lot of fun. It's kind of liberating to play with paint like this.

Anonymous said...

Mary

I'm really enjoying seeing what you are doing with the woven canvas idea. It's amazing to me that creative people keep coming up with new things to do! Seems like this has lots of potential and has the added benefit of reusing seemingly useless materials.

Mary Buek said...

Hi, Bob: Oh, I'm big of useless material. I have a lot of it hanging around. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I love your blog, by the way.