Thursday, October 16, 2008

. . . showed studio status




These pictures are just a glimpse into my basement/studio. The one above is a painting I finished yesterday, an altered, abstracted view of a fence or wall filled with different peeling posters. It's hard to get a good shot down there; it's either too dark or there's a glare. That's why the angle is weird in this picture. This painting works in any direction you would care to hang it, but I like it best looking at it as I stand in front of it by the blue oblong shape, where the shadow appears.






Here's a shot of the woven pieces of canvas. I did cover the red with gesso but I don't know where I'm going with this yet. A dry-brush technique leaves paint along the edges where the strips overlap, and I like that effect. Stay tuned . . .






This shot is of the latest tissue paper/brush cleaning random "art" I've created with the paint left over from the latest painting. I spread some of the spray foam excess on this piece with a paint spreader and you may be able to see it one the left top side. . . it just made kind of a ridge. I like that.






And finally, this is a picture of a smaller squeegee that I have used in the past to spread paint on canvases. I have been keeping this thing around because I love the color combinations and I think it can be the inspiration of future art.


Okay, that's it for today. . .

2 comments:

harold hollingsworth said...

nice executions, well played!

Mary Buek said...

Thanks, Harold, for stopping by and commenting. Very glad I found your blog, and would urge everyone else to go there, too.