Monday, August 25, 2008

. . . found picture perfection. . .




This picture is my idea of a perfect place to take photos. Unfortunately, the guy that ran the business was very suspicious of me. He thought I might be from "the city" and might be there to check for violations of something or other. Either I took this shot on the way over to ask his permission, or it is one of the shots he finally let me take. I'm going back there, soon, I hope; I will give him one of the pictures, matted and framed, of an item in his recycling center, to help assuage this fears that I am a spy from "the city" and maybe he'll let me explore some more.


And now for a bit of shameless self-promotion: I received a call this weekend from my "agent", the art guy that peddles my paintings. He had picked up 32 paintings last weekend; by Saturday he had sold 15 of them. He was giddy. . . he said he had never done that before, sold 15 paintings of one artist in a week. I told him to keep up the good work. . . I need a new floor. He needs more paintings. I still can't believe I am actually getting paid to do something I love and would do anyway.

6 comments:

p said...

i've had that happen to, its so visually yummy in those places but I got barked at for bringing a camera.

WOW. All those sales! I can't even imagine...good for you mary. that is so wonderful. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your sales! I knew you would do well. I'm so happy for you. And to think, I knew you when......

Anna

Anonymous said...

Even though I would question Is rubbish Art, I can appreciate the way you have taken the photos, and added your own interetaion of them, I liked the one of the tip.
Chris

Mary Buek said...

Paula, some people are so suspicious. Makes me think they have something to hide. I hope the offering I plan to give the guy will help, because I really want to go back and mine this place.

Ann: Are you kid-less now? Are they gone? Are you sad? Are you relieved? Are they happy? I will call you.

Chris: I think, but I don't know for sure, that everything, even rubbish, has the potential to be at least inspiration for art. See my post today.

Gina said...

Such great news about your paintings selling, Mary; many congratulations! Bet it’s great feeling. So glad you've gotten back to painting again, too.

Mary Buek said...

Thank you, Gina. I definitely feel like it's worth painting, again.