Wednesday, August 27, 2008

. . . cropped for color


and only for color. . . these are all of my favorite colors in one picture. The yellow ochre streaked with white and stained with brown; the reds and rusts; the aged blues; the soft greens. And of acourse, black. And not a circle (or at least not too many of them) to be found. I love the different lengths and widths and sizes of the lines in this photo, too.
I have the first layers of paint down on my 40 x 40 canvas. I think it will turn out to be an enlargement of a smaller one I have painted before. Is that allowed? So far it does incorporate many of the colors shown in the picture above. It looks pretty good now. . . I'm almost afraid to continue because I don't want to screw it up. But it just needs more. . . layers, layers, layers.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Spectacularly stunning image!!!