Monday, August 18, 2008

. . . circled some more


Here's another one of my photographs that features circles: hints of circles, semi-circles, big and little circles, dots, holes, screws, springs, flanges, etc. I quit counting the number of them at 20. This one could be a jumping-off point of inspiration for a new painting. Well, actually all of the photos could be that. . .
Not much of interest occurred this weekend except that with my new-found "riches" I will be able to justify going to the art supply store and purchasing new canvas. I had decided that any new art supplies would have to be paid for from any proceeds of the sale of my art. Since there had been a long dry spell, I was using up what I had on hand; hence the small paintings. It will be a challenge to go back to painting big.
(1) Joey, my grandson, at 17 months, had his first haircut this weekend. His beautiful white-blonde curls at the nape of his neck are gone, at least temporarily. My daughter thought his hair was looking too "Jeff Foxworthy" for her comfort. I don't quite know what that means, except she said she could put it in a ponytail. Suddenly he looks more like a little boy than a baby. He says more words every time I see him, understands everything you say to him, and has developed quite a little squeal when his needs are not met immediately, mostly food-related.
(2) Betsy, overly tired, spent much of her time at my house yesterday sequestered in "her" upstairs bedroom in time-out, after behaving badly, I guess. . . I missed it, but I suspect it had something to do with whining. I admire her mom. . . when my patience is worn thing, I get mad. She dealt with Betsy so lovingly and she understands what to expect from a 3 1/2 year old who didn't get much of a nap. Unfortunately, my husband was just as cranky as Betsy, and we couldn't get him to go to time-out so we just had to deal with him.
(3) We inadvertently left one of the garage doors open all night. . . we could have been murdered in our sleep or robbed. Fortunately the only thing that did happen was a racoon sniffed out the garbage in the open dumpster and spread stuff all over the garage, the front yard, and under my car. Apparently the olives were not to its taste, because they were discarded all over the place. There are little racoon footprints all over the blue dresser that I recently painted. They will clean up and I will remember to shut that door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story, Mary!! Too funny. And I love the idea of putting husbands in time out. Gotta remember that.

Love the photo, of course!!

Mary Buek said...

I think time out for husbands would be revolutionary. . . but I could never get my Matt to stay in time-out and I doubt that Steve would cooperate, either. So usually I just go to time-out. . .