Wednesday, August 6, 2008

. . . celebrated Matt's birthday


"Punkle" Mattie, as Betsy calls him.

It's hard to believe that my baby boy is 28 today. Isn't he handsome? He inherited my father's brilliant blue eyes. He's a wonderful man. . . fiercely loyal, independent, extremely smart, full of useful and not-so-useful information and opinions, sometimes kind of goofy, always funny. . . very much like his father in many ways, but probably more like me than he would like to admit. We are awfully proud of him. Happy birthday, Mattie; we love you.





Back in April I obtained an etsy site, but did nothing with it until yesterday. I created a banner. Wow. Nothing on the site yet. . . must cogitate on that a while. . . I may need to have two sites, one for photography and digital art, the other with actual painted surfaces. I chose that name back in April and now I wish I could change it. I hope to get my act together and list some stuff there soon. Stay tuned. . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, I just found your site and bookmarked it. Have much "chauffeuring" to do now but can't wait to get back and spend some quiet time (maybe a glass of wine too) with your fabulous artwork! I loved the encaustic Forrest!! Are you posting that on your Etsy site??? I will be back in a few hours! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary Buek said...

Kathleen: I just looked at your blog and I'm glad I found it. Your story about ND resonates. My daughter went to St. Mary's and her husband went to ND. Good luck to him and his football aspirations, too.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie. Happy birthday to your boy, even though a couple of days late.

Mary Buek said...

Martha: Matt would assume the fetal position if I told him one of my friends thought he was a cutie pie. But you're right. . .