Sunday, August 24, 2008

. . . displayed nature shot





Those of you who have read this blog probably know that my favorite photographs are of macros of old grungy rusted or falling-apart pieces of machinery. That is not to say that I don't take pictures of flowers, plants, and other things occuring in nature. I just don't like them as well as the rusty bits. But the shot above is water flowing over rocks in a stream near a walking trail. I didn't really do much editing to this picture, just cropped it a bit. I think it looks cool, as in "dip your toes in this water on a hot day."






But I couldn't resist showing you this picture, too. It's really not too remarkable. . . just the side of railroad car. But what really impressed me with this shot is that the train was moving when I took this picture. Seriously moving fast, like a train normally does. I had no idea that my little Canon could do this, and I am deeply impressed with it.

No comments: