Friday, August 22, 2008

. . . continued the trend. . .




of circles. . . round objects. . . dots. . . holes. . . loops. . .

Cavities? My husband finally gave in and went to the dentist earlier this week. His tooth had been painful for a while, but he hates going to the dentist . . . probably with good cause. Yesterday he had to have two root canals done. . . the last time he had a root canal performed, infection spread to his plastic knee replacement and he had to have emergency surgery to remove the fake knee, went for six weeks without a knee, and then had another surgery to implant the new device (which also later failed and he had to have it replaced, too.) The easiest procedures for most of us turn out to be disastrous for him. I have had many root canals and usually just went back to work with no problem. His cataract surgery made him puff up like a blowfish. . . his trip to the emergency room for what he thought was the flu ended up in a three-day hospital stay for heart problems. I'm just waiting for this root canal to turn deadly. He could have a pimple on his butt and it would turn into some major exotic skin condition from the jungles of Africa or something weird like that.


I have been wanting a different mirror for the entrance hall for a long time. Finally, along with new canvas, using some of my new-found painting money, I purchased the one I had my eye on. . . guess what? Yep, it's round. . .

No comments: