Tuesday, April 15, 2008

. . . loved without rules


oh, not really. . . it was a message on the inside of a Dove's chocolate wrapper . . . I'm not even sure what it means, except it sounds kind of dangerous. . . other messages were "Remember your first everything" and "Whisper in the dark." Sometimes I have trouble coming up with verbs to head these postings.
I didn't really do much art yesterday except work on this painting a bit. It's 12 x 12 and still in progress. I did, however, start cleaning up the studio. I only finished about half of it. I have a huge supply of paper, both the kind that I made myself and the kind that I purchased. I devised a cunning way to store it. I hung the papers on metal hangers from the laundry, the kind that Bette Davis objected to so strenuously, with old-fashioned wooden clothes pins. Bed Bath & Beyond, by the way, does not carry wooden clothes pins. The Dollar General had 100 for $1. I used a clothing rack that I already had in the basement and sorted the paper by sizes and kinds. Now they are visible, close at hand, and organized, at least for a while. I don't want to get the place too organized or cleaned up because then I won't want to mess it up again. Mess can be an aid to my creativity.

No comments: