Saturday, April 12, 2008

. . . finished my taxes




instead of finishing any art . . . this is the start of a small 12 x 12 piece that was inspired by photos I took a couple of weeks ago of the grain elevator in Kansas City, Kansas. I don't know where it will go from here. . . then, to "blow the stink off", I went for a drive with my camera . . .


and found the above shot of a sack or cover for something that had obviously rusted . . . looks kind of yummy in the picture, if you're a fan of rust, like I am. . .


and some more rust and texture. . . on ground near a huge set of railroad tracks where there was actually a stopped train, but it was a boring train of coal cars, all one color, nothing that interesting. . .




but I did like the green-turquoise colors in this piece. It wasn't one of my better photography outings, mainly because it was cold and windy and uncomfortable, and because the city cop in this little village kept following me around.

2 comments:

Martha Marshall said...

Well, we finished our taxes yesterday. What a fun way to spend a Sunday.

I like what you've started, and also enjoy your photos always. You have inspired me to take my camera along on more short trips!

Mary Buek said...

Martha, I used to prepare tax returns for the estates and trust I handled. This time of year was always crunch time, lots of hours working, stress, waking up in the middle of the night worrying about something, short tempers from bosses, etc. I don't miss it one bit. I also have an aversion to tax preparation now, so I always wait to the last minute. I try to have my camera with me every time I go out. You can count on me finding something worthy of photographing when I forget it.