Friday, September 5, 2008

. . . worked in retail?




Here are some goodies from the shopthat, I guess, is now officially open. There are a couple of these cool chairs. . . modern but pretty classic, I think.






There is a wide variety of furniture and accessories: pretty rugs, tables everywhere, urns, chests, beds and bedframes. . .






a gorgeous white down sofa that you probably wouldn't want if you have kids around anywhere, but delightful to sit in. . .






Some really cool old stuff, like this beautiful walnut chest . . . as well as some mid-century modern stuff, like an entire dining set in blond wood. I really really hate that '50s stuff, because I remember it from my childhood all too well. But apparently it's fashionable again. . .






And this lovely little piece. . . destined, I hope, to be a gift for my mother for some reason or other. . . it's a mirror on a swivel hook. I can just see this hanging by a door. . . you check your face before you go out, apply a little lipstick maybe, then swing the mirror part around and you have this side facing outward, with no hint of a mirror in sight.


More goodies arrive every week, maybe even every day. Zip was still unloading stuff yesterday. The plan is to arrange a series of rooms to showcase the furniture. . . we created a spot for an oriental-style bedroom yesterday. That was pretty fun. . . kind of like shopping without spending money.

No comments: