Saturday, September 6, 2008

. . . dusted and cleaned




all the furniture in the store on Thursday. I swore Zip to secrecy because I don't do that at home and I don't want anyone to know that I can perform that sort of task. The picture above shows a cute little handmade game table. . . I have always admired people who work with wood. . . my husband's grandfather was quite the woodworker and there are many beautiful things in both our house and my mother-in-law's house that he produced.






I really like this oatmeal colored chair and ottoman. . . nowhere for me to put it except maybe Matt's house. . .






Above is the beautiful dining table with twelve chairs. . . you need to have a huge dining room for this set. . . but it's gorgeous and in perfect condition.





Here are a couple of rustic trunks. . . the bottom one had apparently been used as a toy box, because it still contained a number of plastic miniature cowboys and Indians. . . the kind that my little brother (who is now 53) used to take to bed with him. . . there's a funny story about that, but I won't embarrass him. I have more scruples than he does. . .





And here is my little cubby. . . since I took the picture, I have dusted the shelves and organized the paint. One of my next projects is the white chest. . . in fact, there are two of them. But don't be fooled by the picture. These things are filthy and in need of rescue. Zip also let me know that we had sold an armoire that I had painted and that some out-of-control toddler had run a small metal table into one of my painted pieces and scratched it.



Today I will go with Betsy and Stephanie to Betsy's "school" to see Peter and the Wolf, or as Betsy says, we are going to the opera. She called me this morning to tell me that "no adults were allowed on the stage, only kids" and that the last time she went she "wasn't even scared." I remember seeing Peter and the Wolf when I wasn't much older than Betsy, and I remember being very afraid of the wolf.

No comments: