Friday, September 12, 2008

. . . painted more stripes


I know this is not a good picture, but I wanted to show what I had been up to yesterday in the studio. There's too much glare here. This is a large painting, for me anyway. It's 45 x 45. And it has stripes again. And it may not yet be completely finished. It needs to sit and percolate for a while.
I love rainy weather, but this latest round is getting me down. It's been rainy all week. We sometimes have rain as a result of hurricanes that hit in the Gulf Coast area, but apparently this doesn't have anything to do with the hurricanes; that is supposed to happen later this weekend. The Hidden Glen Arts Festival is this weekend. It's a small art show in the Cedar Creek area in which I live. It could turn out to be a miserable time for the artists. I'm going, rain or not.
Stephanie is headed to Boston for a wedding this weekend, leaving the kids with Andy. I get to take care of them tomorrow morning while Andy shuffles them to Kindermusic. I will be with Betsy at home first, then Joey will come home and Betsy will go with Andy. It's a little more relaxing in a one-on-one situation. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: