Thursday, June 12, 2008

. . . printed some pictures



to get ready for the show next week. Both these pictures were taken with my first digital camera that inexplicably broke. They were downloaded to the old computer, too, and since the old computer was really old, the two computers won't communicate with each other. Fortunately I had loaded the pictures onto Flickr, so I was able to download them back onto the new computer. I have always liked the above picture. . . it was taken in the West Bottoms area of downtown Kansas City, Missouri, an area full of warehouses and industrial sites built in the late 19th century. It's a very interesting area. . . every time I've been there, it has been practically deserted, although I believe many of the buildings are still partially in use. And I have heard that since the Crossroads District, where many artists and creative types used to hang out, has now become mainstream, the West Bottoms is the new artists' destination. There are studios there now, and a new gallery is in the initial stages of development.



I took this picture in the West Bottoms also, although it doesn't really have anything to do with the area itself. It is a close-up crop of a piece of machinery, obviously. Ah, the rust. . . the curves and circles and geometric shapes . . . it just doesn't get much better than that, for me.

1 comment:

Seth said...

The last photo...it is perfect!