Thursday, June 5, 2008

. . . made some progress


on this painting. Not exactly where I wanted to go with it. . . and probably not where it will end up. Today is not going to be a painting day. . . I have planned for this, so I won't feel guilty about it. It's my husband's half-day off, and unless it rains, we will be doing yard work. If it does rain, we'll just hang out. I can't paint when he's home. He has such little time off that I don't want to spend it isolated in the studio.
I had a hard time getting a picture of this painting . . . it's dark in the house because it's cloudy and any light results in glare, like in the upper right corner. But this allows you to see some of the texture that might not show up in a photograph otherwise.
After doing the small paintings, I'm not getting used to doing this big stuff again. And really, this painting isn't that big. It's another painting of some old and decaying wall or piece of machinery, loosely based on one of my photographs. I think I'll just let it percolate today.

No comments: