Saturday, January 10, 2009

. . . lost my focus




on this collage, and just kept adding stuff to try to revive it. It started out as something completely different, actually based upon one of my photographs. It certainly didn't end up that way. I like the blue, though. From a distance, it looks a bit like a cityscape, or an aerial view of a couple of blocks of buildings.


Yesterday I took care of Betsy and Joe in the morning. It was such a warm day for January here. Joe and I played outside; we walked around the ruin of the garden, looked for bugs but didn't find any, played on the Barbie Jeep, and visited with the neighbors and their dogs. A big dog, Nala, a Rhodesian ridgeback (I always want to call it an Arkansas Razorback) and a bishon friese, Daisy. Joey didn't really care for either of them much. Of course, he's also a bit frightened by my electric moving Santa that dances to "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree. " Yeah, we're a class act here. Meanwhile, Betsy was taking this opportunity to stay glued to the TV watching cartoons, which are banned at her house. Joe and I finally lured her outside to play a while. We went to "Nana's Wendy's" to get lunch. . . it's the one they pass to come to our house. Then Stef came to take them home for naps, which was not a popular decision. Joe and I did manage to paint some tissue paper, but we quit when Joe began to eat the paint. We laughed a lot and had tons of fun. . .


I hope to get down to the studio today. Thanks to all of you who visited my etsy site. . . and who visit this blog.

4 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

actually Mary, I like this collage almost the best so far! you can travel all the complexities and still have places to rest your eye - loved hearing about your time with your grandchildren -

Mary Buek said...

You know what, Jeane, I like it too, especially when I use a mat with it. I should take some picture of these things matted and framed to put on my etsy site because it adds a whole new dimension to them. Thanks, I appreciate your encouragement.

Anonymous said...

Yep Mary, great piece! I agree that you could certainly show them matted in another photo. I think it would help people visualize the result.

Your Etsy mini looks great with a whole bunch of your work together.

Mary Buek said...

Martha, thanks for the compliment. Tomorrow I will fix up a bunch of pictures with the frames and mats.