Tuesday, May 27, 2008

. . . had no alternative

12 x 12" mixed media on canvas

but to go to the studio and paint something. It was a dark and gloomy rainy day, and I was home alone. This painting actually started as something completely different in my mind. . . I had planned a painting inspired by one of my random paper towel color combinations. But, as usual, that idea was left behind as I tinkered and adjusted and added and detracted. I'm still trying to capture the beautiful colors and textures of physical objects that have been abandoned to the forces of nature.

4 comments:

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

beautiful

Mary Buek said...

Thank you, Bridgette.

Seth said...

Mary this is stunning. It is one of those pieces that demands to be seen in person and not just on the internet.

Mary Buek said...

Seth, thank you. It does look pretty smashing in person, if I may be so brazen.