Sunday, February 22, 2009

. . . scanned another experiment




This is another one of the four little experimental paintings I have made lately on foam core. It and its companions have been sitting in the family room for several days while I try to figure out what to do with them. Probably nothing. Maybe the Random Acts of Art.


For several years before I settled on painting, I experimented with all kinds of different arts and crafts, and I have the swag to prove it. Now that I am contemplating a relocation, I face the daunting task of cleaning out the basement studio. I could have a garage sale, but so much of the stuff I have is meaningful only to an artist or a crafter. First I tried scrapbooking, but after I finished one for my daughter and one for my son, I still had a bunch of leftover supplies and little interest. Then there was polymer clay; then jewelry making; then briefly I considered making assemblages. There are stamps of all kinds. And I have tons of fabric and trim and yarn etc. It's too good to toss, and frankly, I can't afford to do that. I have collected some pretty exceptional stuff in the studio and I know I will never ever use it. So it's going on etsy sometime soon. And it will be cheap, because the goal is to clean it out, not to make a profit. So stay tuned if you are interested and I will let you know here when the shop is open. And tell your friends who are artists or crafters, too, because I promise, you will not want to miss this.

1 comment:

Jazz said...

I had no idea you had done all this stuff before becoming a painter. I thought you'd been a painter all your life...