Thursday, February 26, 2009

. . . painted a collage




I did have a chance to photograph my paintings yesterday morning. If my neighbors were watching me, they were treated to a slapstick comedy routine. I used painters' tape to attach the paintings to the outside wall. I would have the center and one end of the tape attached and the other end would fall down around me. Over and over again. Very frustrating for me, but amusing in an idiotic kind of way.


This painting is one of the first I did when I got back into painting from my hiatus as a collage artist. It is approximately 36 x 48. And you ask, did your collaging have any influence on your painting? Well, I guess so:





At the time, I was having trouble switching from glue and paper back to paint, and from working small to working big. what better way to get back in the swing of things that to just basically copy something I had already created once? And I don't even have to worry about plagiarism.


Walt the Art Guy liked the painting. Happy colors and all, right? No gloom and doom colors in this gloom and doom economy. I like it, too; I'd put it in my house. I think you will find it interesting how much more freely I painted as I kept working on these canvases. I am going to try to post them in order so you can see the progression.


Have a great day, everyone. Let's make some art.

4 comments:

Miki Willa said...

Great painting! I can't wait to see the others.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

I really like this. a lot.

Jazz said...

I really like it. Can't wait to see the others. Too bad we don't have a film of you trying to tack them up!
;-)

Mary Buek said...

Thanks, Miki. Appreciate your comment.

Bridgette, thank you.

Jazz: Thanks. The sound of the film would have turned out to be X-rated, unfortunately.