Monday, July 7, 2008

. . . drifted down stream




That's what it felt like yesterday. . . just drifting, waiting for something to happen. My husband was supposed to come home from the hospital early in the morning, according to his plans. Apparently, doctors and technicians had other plans (for the weekend.) It must be difficult to find staffing for hospitals over holiday weekends. Tests were to be run, delayed, then completed. Results were to be read, delayed, then promised "tomorrow." This sort of thing continued throughout the day, with the result being that he spent another night at the hospital. In a sense, this was good news. . . I can only assume that his ailments were not considered life-threatening or there would have been some sense of urgency. Staying another night would have been a good thing, had he been able to get any rest. In any event, at least he won't be tempted to go to work today as usual. He has to come home to change clothes at least, and while he's here, I will use whatever little influence I may have to prevent that from happening. It was kind of a lonesome useless weekend and I'm ready to start a new week fresh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow-I hope Steve is OK. I know what you mean about a soul-stealing job--John has one too, but to let off steam he works out, which is fine with me. I've been thinking about him all day. Tell him to take it easy and play with the babies. He'll have some fun. Hope you're OK too. Call me sometime.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow-I hope Steve is OK. I know what you mean about a soul-stealing job--John has one too, but to let off steam he works out, which is fine with me. I've been thinking about him all day. Tell him to take it easy and play with the babies. He'll have some fun. Hope you're OK too. Call me sometime.
Anna