Sunday, July 27, 2008

. . . compiled texture shots


Digital collage created from personal photographs

While I have been concentrating lately on painting furniture instead of art, I have also, during the breaks and while waiting for paint to dry, been compiling shots of textures to use in my playing around with digital collages. Once I recognized the variety of textures there were right in my house and yard, I have gradually been building up this supply. I know there are free photos available in various places; in fact, I referenced at least one flickr site in a previous blog posting. But I like the idea that what I'm using is completely my own creation. So I take pictures of or scan items like the driveway cracks (most often not a positive thing); the wicker woven placemants; the holes in a stainless steel cooking implement; a pleated lampshade. You get the picture. (Ha, an unintentional pun.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

I gave you an award on my blog. musingsoncollage.blogspot.com

Mary Buek said...

Wow, thanks, Laura. I appreciate the award. And I am glad I discovered your blog. . . very informative and inspiring with the prompts and beautiful art.