Saturday, November 8, 2008

. . . made no art




But these are pictures of the Citra-Solv papers I made from National Geographic magazine pages.




I babysat the babies yesterday morning. . . we went to the mall and walked around. Betsy wanted to ride on the "miracle-round" and jump on the trampoline thing, but Nana had no cash. The Disney store, however, was a big hit and they both kind of ran amok. Joey found a tea cart that he pushed all over the store, and pretty soon he had a couple of other toddlers following him around like a parade.






While I was doing that, my husband was at the doctor's office. He came home shortly after I did and announced that he may have to have his gall bladder removed. . . a sonogram is scheduled for this morning. He is one stubborn dude. . . he should have gone to the doctor weeks ago. But we both kind of thought his symptoms were the result of stress. . .






I'm trying to have a positive attitude. Even if surgery is required it will probably be an outpatient procedure. However, if you have read this blog before, you know that when it comes to medical procedures and my husband, if something can go wrong, it probably will. I know, that doesn't sound too positive. . . okay, banish that thought.






Thinking pretty thoughts and looking at pretty Citra-Solv pictures. . .

2 comments:

13moons said...

Cool results with the magazines. I like the second one best...it could be its own work of art, and the last one looks like a collage of some kind, with the text areas showing.

Hope your husband does fine. My sister had emergency gall bladder surgery several years ago, and it was pretty much in and out, didn't slow her down much.

"Miracle round"...I love it!

Anita

Mary Buek said...

Hi, Anita: Yeah, these papers can be pretty cool. . . I know sometime in the future I will find a good use for them. I'm sure to Betsy the 2-story merry-go-round really was a "miracle-round".