Friday, March 6, 2009

. . . framed random art




In an effort to have some art hanging on my walls when the realtor came over, I framed and matted this foamcore experiment. I hung it in the entry hall, to the left and a bit below a large black-framed round mirror, above a narrow antique mahogany table upon which I placed a couple of small green topiaries and a skinny lamp with an amber shade with little amber beads. Perfect. And a total coincidence. Good comments on the art from the realtors.

3 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Perfect! You are rich in art! I need to hang more art myself. I am sure that with your delight in exploring decorating books, you can whip up a vignette for any entrance area easily. Are you going to have an art business card pile somewhere during the open house and invite people to take one? My collages from you are sitting on a small table top easel here by my lap top. I see them everyday, and love them a lot.

Jazz said...

I love that painting. Funny how I'm so attracted to abstracts and I'm not too crazy about figurative stuff.

Like Leslie, I have the collage you sent me where I can see it every day. Though I'm going to have to part with it to have it framed...

Oh, and I posted it on my blog with a link back to you...

RosieK said...

I can just visualise it! and agree with the estate agent (sorry realtor - ahh what is that? Do we really speak the same language?) much better than putting the coffee on and baking bread although add these as well and the house would sell to the first person through the door!!!