Friday, April 3, 2009

. . . did retail therapy




today? For a Christmas gift, I received a gift card to Nordstroms. I saw it, I saw Betsy playing with it, I took away from her for safekeeping, and I forgot where I put it. I remember searching through all the trash, gift wrappings, boxes and bags, with no luck. Then the other day I put on a pair of jeans, checked the pocket, and there is was. That means I only wear jeans about once every three months, I guess. Now I have to decide. . . do I use it now or save it? I don't need anything right now, especially not from Nordstroms. I kind of wish it was a gift card to the grocery store. But maybe shopping would give me a boost. Maybe I could just go and look, and if something caught my eye, something that I couldn't live without, I would at least have the option. . .Yeah, it's truly burning a hole in my pocket, almost literally.





Here are a couple more small paintings on canvas, 6 x 9". Honestly, they're all starting to look alike to me. Must find something new and different to keep my interest engaged. Just another symptom of my art ADD. The sun is shining so brightly on my computer screen that I can't really tell whether the color is true on these paintings or not.



Here are

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Aunt Mary, I don't know if you know this or not, but my dad has a tow lot - more or less a junk yard - and i've noticed you like to take pictures in junk yards:). Next time you're down you should have him take you... That is if you can get around, it doesn't get mowed too often... Anyway, I'm sure he'd be happy to show you around!

Mary Buek said...

Lauren, do you know that some of the best pictures I have taken were behind the body shop in that little grassy area between it and that shed? I think Stevie may have shown me your dad's tow lot, but there wasn't much in it at the time. Next time I'm in town, I'm going there. I also love that metal place out on the highway towards B-game, but it's usually closed when I come to town. Stevie is fun to go with, he scrounges more than I do. Love you.