Wednesday, January 6, 2010

. . . could not sleep


so what better time to create a blog post? So what if I have to get up and go to work in three hours? So what if there's a winter storm warning out for this area? So what if I have a car with bad brakes and nearly bald tires? So I freak about driving in snow.
I continue to befuddle the computers and the IT guys at my new job. The computer never does the same thing twice in a row. The IT guys think it's because I forget my passwords. It's not. I seem to be able to function on this computer and even have figured out programs a lot more confusing than those on my work computer.
I don't know what this thing is, but isn't it delicious? Enjoy.

9 comments:

Jazz said...

OH that is a cool picture.

As for the computer - it's what they do. The IT guys pretend to have some knowledge of the things, but actually all their diagnositcs are wild guesses.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Lauren said...

Aunt Mary, I love that picture! And I'm sure its the computer, they have minds of their own and sometimes they just don't feel like working correctly. Trust me, I'm on two computer 40+ hours a week! Oh, and I know a good tire/brakes guy... I bet he'd give you a deal!

nancy neva gagliano said...

great attitude! yeah..so what? we bloggers need turquoisey swirls in the morning, produced by you in the middle of the night!! blogs first. other world later!!

hope your day zips by, and you're home for a nap before you know it.

all the best, neva

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Changes...they take a little time. Mean while you are making fun connections with the IT guy. Brakes and tires - new ones soon I hope...

Catherine said...

gorgeous image, Mary. Don't you love IT people? *laughing*. We're waiting for the Big Snow too....hang in there and drive carefully.

layers said...

perhaps we don't always have to figure out what something is or why it works--- to appreciate it-- am using the word 'it' a lot it seems-

Anonymous said...

Girl, get those tires changed before you kill a family and yourself in the bargain!

There is no 'what if' - it's a 'for sure'. And no joke.

Sherrill, Montreal

Anonymous said...

Mary, I love things with broken circles in them or circles made of rings of things. This piece is wonderful. It is "found' art or something you created?

BTW I'm looking forward to getting my little Urban Wall from you.
Annette

Annette Bush said...

Another note. Please let me know when my Urban Wall is shipped. Things tend to walk when unexpectedly left on the porch in a downtown neighborhood! Thanks. Annette