Wednesday, December 30, 2009

. . . went to work




Yep, first full day under my belt. Yesterday was orientation, very corporate. Codes and passwords for everything from restroom access to internet access. Today, more time with co-workers, all very nice. This will work out all right.


When I took the picture above, I told my brother, as we stood in the sleet, that I was going to paint this one. His look at me would have been the definition of "askance." The side of a beat up old metal container? But really, isn't it just wonderful? And yes, I've started to paint it, a small version to warm up, a large version to come.


Everything's good and it's just going to get better.

8 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Yippee! Music to my ears. And a paycheck for Mary! I'm so pleased for you. Loft living, here you come!
I would paint this too. Today I was working on shapes and thinking I need to find some inspiration, which you have in spades!

Gina said...

Congratulations to you, Mary! I’m so happy you found a job and it sounds like there are nice people, which helps enormously. Best of luck getting back into work-a-day world. Yes, your photo for your new painting has a great design!

Four Seasons in a Life said...

I have always believed that if we kept our eyes open and our minds receptive, we would find abstract realism to be turned into a painting on canvas.

This indeed is a wonderful find.

Wishing you and your family all the very best for 2010,
Egmont

Miki Willa said...

Wonderful to hear the new job is a good fit for you. It is also fantastic that you will still find time to paint. Your "junkyard" photos are quite amazing and very inspirational.
A very joyous and peacefilled New Year to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and best of luck in the coming year...Lord knows you deserve it!

Art From The heart said...

Oh My....isn't it amazing what we learn about ourselves as we age!
If anyone told me I would think or feel or look at life the way I do now (at 64)I would have laughed at them and said no way!
Yet here I am, and here I go. Hopefully for many years to come. Way to go girl, you have much to give. Congrats & Hugs, Amy

Jazz said...

Congratulations!!! It's great you found a job. The year is off to a good start.

douglas said...

this is quite lovely.