Wednesday, October 28, 2009

. . . posted 500 entries




Yeah, I saw that my last blog entry was the 500th. Wow. Seems like I should do something to celebrate, like give something away or quit while I'm ahead . . . I need some time to think about what to do . . . any suggestions?


Remember the "wonky" pictures I took before my paintings left the house? Here's another one. It's all crooked and crumbled up in the corners, but at least I have a record of it.


I'm working on some small "masterpieces" that I plan to try to sell on my etsy site. They will be cheap. . . ridiculously cheap. . . Some of them are studies for larger paintings, but I'm also recycling and reinventing some of the stuff I have had in the studio for a long time. That's as good a way of clearing out the space as any. Working with wood and power tools again is extremely gratifying. I will be able to try some collage and maybe even some encaustic on these pieces. The last time I tried etsy, I was so distracted by personal issues that I didn't do a very good job at all. This time, I'll be ready and organized. I promise.

6 comments:

patty a. said...

I can't wait to see what you put in your esty shop. I think your work is wonderful!

Jazz said...

I neither quit nor gave anything away when I hit 500. Just give yourself a pat on the back!

Congratulations, and here's to 500 more.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Confetti and balloons, flowers and noise makers Mary! I celebrate your 500th post! I like this painting as well. What ever you do don't quit, please, please, please don't quit.

Nancy Natale said...

This is a great-looking piece, Mary. I really like the mix of things - and of course all the black. Thanks for posting it and good luck with selling!

RosieK said...

Congratulations on the 500th post - WOW! what a record - not sure what to suggest - recycling something from the beginning seems relevant! thank you for ALL your posts

Seth said...

Congrats on 500!!!! And I am looking forward to seeing your masterpieces!