Monday, December 8, 2008

. . . experienced a moment




of panic this morning when I started to post. I couldn't access the internet. What was I going to do without it??? Shut down, restart. . . ah, now it's on. I am such a technical wizard. The babies were at it again with the electronics. While Betsy and I were visiting an alternate universe peopled with pixies and fairies on the Disney website last night, Joe was maniacally hitting the "X" button on the printer and causing pages of blank paper to spew forth and land on the floor, to his great delight. Joe leaned over and pushed some brightly lit button on the computer and suddenly we were plunged into the great darkness known as the real world before the internet, before computers. Squeals of anguish from Betsy about the fate of her fairy, and squeals of glee from Joey for causing the disruption.


Betsy started basketball yesterday. . . in her pink basketball shoes and her American Girl pink lipgloss. Her father said that her road to a Title IX scholarship began yesterday. Uncle Matt advised her to shoot the ball whenever she touched it, that when she walked into the gym door, she was in range. Uncle Tim called from WV to see how practice went. Papa, the former basketball coach, said nothing. Just smiled.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I feel your pain although I have no kidlets to explain why?how? my internet is iffy...had the tech out here for 4 hours last week and now it's WORSE...arghhh...

I think I used to read books before the internet....my brain is mush these days

Mary Buek said...

Catherine, I hate to think that the internet will replace books. It's happening now to newspapers. What will I do without my morning newspaper reading. I will have to sleep later, I guess. I have always found control-alt-delete to be as technical and I get. Andy, my son-in-law, is a computer whiz, so if all else fails, he steps in.

Catherine said...

yes...the future of books/newspapers/magazines is in jeopardy....I need the feel of paper, the crisp crack of a fresh book...and, as the husband notes, I'll be completely in the dark when my internet connection finally peters out...sigh.