Sunday, May 8, 2011

. . . tickled myself silly




Yep, I'm pretty pleased with myself. First of all, my camera is working again and I'm actually posting something on this blog. I have been enjoying all these other wonderful blogs and photos and paintings that everyone else has created, and contributing absolutely nothing. But here are some offerings. . .





These are all approximately 5"x7" monoprints from bigger paintings that I have been doing, on some linen-like paper no longer in use from the office. These monoprints tend to accumulate in various stages of completion, while I just keep layering stuff, until one or two finally look like they might be done. Everything about these is spontaneous, completely accidental. Doesn't say too much about my talent, does it?






These three combine all kinds of techniques I've been trying out recently. There is, of course, a bunch of acrylic paint. But there is also some of the deconstructed screen printing here, as well as using some of the thickened dye past without the screens. And lastly, just because I could, I dipped these in some encaustic medium. The backgrounds where there is no paint or dye are beautifully translucent, but I can't figure out how to display them so that's noticeable. Right now I just have black mats around them, which is okay, but they need to have light shining through them.





Two other accomplishments: (1) I got my Ipod working again, and all the songs on the Ipod downloaded back into the computer. I was afraid that when my playlist disappeared from the computer, all the songs I had dowloaded were lost. But no, it's so easy to get them back that I'm embarrassed that I hesitate as long as I did. (2) I went back to the old house and dug up a bunch of perennials and brought them back to this house. So yesterday I got them all planted. Mostly hostas and daylilies, which should be fine. And I planted the little blue pot above, too. Today I am starting another canvas, and I'm going to plant another two big pots, and then I'm done until I amass enough money to buy more. . .


Hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day.

7 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Talent abounds... Even your blue pot of flowers on a delicate yellow table shouts artist!

Art From The heart said...

I like them all Mary but the first one is a favorite.
Hope you have a delightful Mother's day.
Hugs, Amy

Liz-Anna said...

I really like the one with the black spiral!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Mary!
You have been sooooooooo missed...

hugs,

DD

Leslie Avon Miller said...

So good to hear the happiness the new season is bringing you. I love that you went and got some of your plants!

ACreativeDreamer said...

I'm happy to see your work again, and the blue pot is gorgeous with those flowers! I wish you'd explain to me how to get the music from your iPod back into a computer... when my laptop died I lost the songs on the hard drive. Now they live only on my iPod and I cannot get them back on my new computer. Such is life...

RosieK said...

Happy mother's day Mary - It must be lovely to have a camera again I'd be lost without mine - flowering again!!