Sunday, September 19, 2010

. . . were extremely pleased




with myself. I'm 5'9" usually, unless I've shrunk, which I guess is a possibility. Yesterday I bought a pair of boots with the highest skinniest heel I could find. They are wonderful, and I'm as tall as an Amazon. And the boots are comfortable. Seriously, the heels are lethal weapons. I can't wait until I can wear them with my skinny jeans.


Oh, dear. . . it sounds like I'm having an over-reaction to my birthday. Nothing as disgusting as an old lady trying too hard. Maybe I'll have to re-evaluate . . .


Above, kind of a happy accident.

6 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

it's perfect! don't revaluate ! and happy birthday :)

Cynthia Schelzig said...

You made me smile with your ,,,tall as an amazon,,,as I am tall too....I guess we were just born too early...nowadays we could be America´s and Germany`s Next Top Models with all this height:) couldn´t we? oh yeah,,,love the art too!!!

Barbara said...

Mary, you may enjoy the film "Kinky Boots" - I know I did, and I think you and I are approx. the same age. Whatever works for you.....works for you!

Lauren said...

Yay! Aunt Mary, that is great! I bet you look awesome in them! I LOVE boots. Any time you want to go boot shopping, let me know, I'm in! Next up, you need a pair of riding boots!

RosieK said...

go for it Mary boots and all! Walk tall - these boots are made for walking!!

Martha Marshall said...

Mary, as you well know, I come here from time to time and read backward. Couldn't help commenting on this post. My take is that you are an artist and therefore you have complete poetic license with your "look." I say go crazy, stick on some fake eyelashes a la Louise Nevelson, and get down with your bad self!!

Happy birthday, and since I can read the future, congratulations on your wonderful art sales.