Saturday, May 8, 2010

. . . were a grandmother




In honor of Mother's Day tomorrow, I'm showing off my little ones. In fact, I don't think I've ever shown a picture of Nora (above) before. What a little sweetheart she is. Her first birthday will be July 9. My sister Ann knitted her darling cap. The hat and the baby are perfect.






And here's Joey. . . it's been quite a while since I've put up a picture of him. He's growing up so fast, doing everything he can to keep up with his big sister. He turned three at the end of March. He seems so much older than three, though. He's very smart, just a joyful kid.






And here's my mom and Betsy. My mom is 83 and Betsy is five. Doesn't Mom look great? Betsy is a dandy. . . I think she's wearing multiple layers of clothing for some kind of fashion statement. Wisely, her mother chooses her battles, and what Betsy wears isn't one of them. Betsy is also very smart and beautiful, and she will start kindergarten in the fall.

I miss having the time to spend with them. Joey and Betsy are great company; Nora is still a bit uncommunicative, but she is such a happy baby that I know she's going to be a lot of fun, too. Thanks to both my kids, Matt and Stephanie, and to my son-in-law, Andy, for being such great people. I'm proud of them all. It's easy being their mom.

3 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Your Mom looks FaBuLous! And sitting on a porch - such agility! The kids look like fun. Joey was just a little wanna be fireman at Halloween the last time I recall. He certainly is growing up to be a tall handsome lad. Both girls are adorable and I love Betsy's fashion sense. She is an artist like her grandma! What more could mom ask for?

Teri said...

Your Betsy looks like my Natalie. It must be something with the kids these days and the way that they dress. Natalie dresses just like that: lots of colors, leggings, sunglasses. Tres' Chic, right? Have a great Mother's Day, Mary.

layers said...

what cute grandkids you have-- and mom.. I have 3 sons and one grandson-- I keep hoping for a little girl someday :-)