Wednesday, September 24, 2008

. . . chose this picture




as the inspiration for my next painting. As I said yesterday, I was cruising my photos and kept coming up with browns when what I needed was color. I found this one, though, and I have started a canvas using these colors. I can't remember what the picture was originally, because it has been heavily edited, collaged in Picasa, and the colors have been ramped up to maximum saturation. Perhaps a portion of a wall. . . I like the geometrical divisions, the bright reds, yellows and oranges against the dark green at the center bottom and lighter greens primarily at the top right. The canvas is 43 x 43, a strange size, but the last bit of canvas on the roll.


I have been trying to get good pictures of the canvases I have finished, but so far I am very disappointed with the results, which is why I haven't posted any of them. Inside, outside, doesn't seem to matter, they are just crappy photos that don't do the art any justice. So far all I have is a record of what I've painted for my own purposes, not something I want to share. the problem is the canvases are just too large and awkward to hang properly. I will keep trying.

No comments: